Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jetting Around: The Hoover Dam




Images by yours truly. 

During a trip to Las Vegas with some friends, I decided that I wanted to do something that didn't involve sin. 25 miles southeast of the Sin City is one of the most breathtaking structures I've ever seen. Sure, The Empire State Building, Statute of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge are also marvelous but the Hoover Dam is on another level. You're looking at a 20th century project, largely completed without the use high technology. Explosives, concrete and man-power created this icon in the above images. I really enjoyed my time there; it's nice to know that I can still marvel at something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! I hope to see the Hoover Dam one day...I'd wanted to ever since that neat scene in Transformers.